We tried six additional light therapy lamps in 2020. The Carex Day-Light Classic Plus remains our top pick. The compact Verilux HappyLight Luxe is now our budget pick.
What is the best light therapy lamp to buy?
Best SAD light therapy lamps for 2021
- Overall best light therapy lamp. Verilux HappyLight Luxe. $100 at Verishop.
- Best budget light therapy lamp. Verilux Happy Light Lumi VT31. …
- Best light therapy lamp for small spaces. Circadian Optics Lumos. …
- Best large therapy lamp. Northern Light Technologies Boxelite. …
- The most stylish light therapy lamp. Circadian Optics Lattice.
4 янв. 2021 г.
How do I choose a light therapy lamp?
How to choose a SAD lamp for you
- Don’t get a light box that’s designed to treat skin conditions. These devices aren’t meant to treat mood disorders, and they won’t be effective.
- Make sure the lamp filters out UV light and is labeled UV-free. UV light can damage your eyes and skin.
Do light therapy lamps actually work?
Light therapy probably won’t cure seasonal affective disorder, nonseasonal depression or other conditions. But it may ease symptoms, increase your energy levels, and help you feel better about yourself and life. Light therapy can start to improve symptoms within just a few days.
What makes a good light therapy lamp?
What Makes a Good Light Therapy Lamp? Because light therapy lamps are not regulated by the FDA, it’s important to check the specifications before buying. You’ll want a lamp with a brightness of at least 10,000 lux and UV-blocking technology.
Can you overdo light therapy?
What Are the Risks? Red light therapy is generally considered safe, even though researchers aren’t exactly sure how and why it works. And there are no set rules on how much light to use. Too much light may damage skin tissue, but too little might not work as well.
Does light therapy help anxiety?
Anxiety and depression scores were significantly reduced following the light therapy at T3 in both the high- and low-intensity groups. Conclusions: Light therapy resulted in a significant reduction in symptoms of anxiety and depression but we did not find any differences between high- v. low-intensity treatment.
Does a sad light give Vitamin D?
Even though it’s a light-based therapy, sun lamps don’t impact vitamin D production. Be sure to get your vitamin D through your diet and/or supplements as your doctor advises.
How long does it take for light therapy to work?
When you begin light therapy, your first response will show you whether you need to adjust the intensity or duration. Many people respond to light therapy within 3 to 5 days. If you don’t respond to treatment within the first week, you may notice improvement in the second week.
Can SAD lamps damage eyes?
Most people can use light therapy safely. The recommended light boxes have filters that remove harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, so there’s no risk of skin or eye damage for most people.
Does light therapy work with eyes closed?
Can I get light therapy with my eyes closed? The positive effects of most light therapy studies have been done with the eyes open. The standard 10,000 lux for ½ hour session assumes your eyes are open.
Can I use light therapy all day?
Most people need to continue light therapy throughout the winter until the springtime. When light therapy is stopped, symptoms do not usually reappear for a few days, so most people can stop the treatment for one or two days without much problem (e.g., for a weekend trip).
What are the side effects of light therapy?
The most common side effects of light therapy include:
- Eyestrain or visual disturbances.
- Agitation or feeling “wired.”
What do you look for in a happy light?
8 Golden Rules For Buying A Light Box for SAD
- Check with your doctor if light therapy is the right option for you. …
- Look for a lamp specifically designed to treat seasonal affective disorder. …
- Buy a clinically tested light box. …
- Buy a lamp with the right KIND of light. …
- You need a SAD lamp that emits at least 10,000 lux. …
- Look out for ultraviolet rays.
Do light therapy lamps help with vitamin D?
In areas where there is limited sunlight or in situations where patients cannot absorb vitamin D from the diet, phototherapy using UV light has been used to correct vitamin D deficiency. In the early 20th century, mercury arc lamps were used to treat children with rickets in Russia.
Does light therapy work for insomnia?
Research trials have shown the benefits of light therapy for people with sleep disorders and depression. And a 2016 meta-analysis found that light therapy is effective for sleep problems in general, especially those involving circadian rhythms and insomnia.