“Retrofit” tubes work with all fluorescent fixtures as well as ballast-free LED fixtures. To use them with your existing fluorescent fixtures, you’ll need to take just a few minutes to rewire the fixture to bypass the balast. This is a pretty simple task.
Can you use LED tubes in fluorescent fixtures?
Many LED tubes are “plug and play”, meaning you can just install them like you would a fluorescent bulb. For this to be true, look for bulbs that are “ballast-compatible” meaning that they can use the ballast already installed in your fluorescent fixture to power the LEDs.
Do I need to remove the ballast to use an LED bulb?
LED technology does not require a ballast to regulate the amount of energy flowing to the lights. LED’s require less energy and can be sensitive to excess energy. … Additionally, removing the ballast will reduce energy usage and result in even great cost-savings as ballasts continue to draw more power than necessary.
Can you replace 4 foot fluorescent bulb with LED?
There is a wide variety of methods for converting to LED tubes. The simplest is to completely replace old fluorescent fixtures with brand-new LED fixtures. However, LED fixtures to replace four-bulb (8-foot-long) fluorescent fixtures (common in farm buildings) can set you back $100 or more per unit.
How do I convert a fluorescent light fixture to LED?
Three ways you can convert your existing fluorescent tubes to LED tubes:
- Retrofit your fluorescent tubes with LED tubes. You can easily retrofit a fluorescent tube using plug and play or hybrid LED tubes. …
- Retrofit your fluorescent tube and ballast. …
- Replace the whole fluorescent fixture with an LED one.
9 июл. 2020 г.
How do you bypass the ballast for LED lights?
How to Bypass a Ballast
- Turn off the power. Flipping the light switch to the “off” position does not necessarily end the flow of electricity. …
- Locate your ballast. …
- Cut the hot and neutral wires. …
- Cut the socket lead wires. …
- Remove the ballast. …
- Connect the input wires to the output wires.
Do you need starters for LED tubes?
Starters and LED tubes
If a starter is used in the current fixture with a conventional fluorescent tube then the starter must be replaced with a LED starter. Our LED tubes for fixtures with a conventional ballast are supplied standard with a LED starter.
Can I use a LED bulb in a mercury vapor fixture?
LED corn cob lights are one of the most efficient ways to replace metal halide, mercury vapor, and high-pressure sodium HID bulbs.
Will LED bulbs work with ballast?
No LED bulbs require a ballast, although some are engineered to work with an existing ballast. You will find ballast-compatible or “plug-and-play” LEDs that are designed to replace linear fluorescents, compact fluorescents, or HIDs. Incandescent and halogen lamps do not require a ballast.
Are LED tubes brighter than fluorescent?
The LED tube lights are noticeably brighter than fluorescent tubes and you don’t get exposed to any kind of harmful rays such as UV/IV rays as well that can damage your eyes and can result in skin allergies as well.
How do you bypass a ballast to install LED tubes?
How to Bypass A Ballast
- Step 1: Disconnect All Power So There is No Electrical Current. …
- Step 2: Find the Ballast. …
- Step 3: Locate and Cut Only the Hot and Neutral Wires. …
- Step 4: Cut the Socket Lead Wires. …
- Step 5: Remove the Ballast (if you wish) …
- Step 6: Connect the Wires. …
- Step 7: Reattach Any Coverings and Turn On.
13 июл. 2020 г.
How do you convert a T12 fluorescent bulb to LED?
If you’re converting your existing T12 lamps to LED, you have six options to choose from:
- Install ballast-bypass linear LED lamps. …
- Install plug-and-play magnetic and electronic ballast-compatible linear LEDs. …
- Install electronic ballast-compatible linear LEDs and a new electronic ballast.
23 июл. 2020 г.
Can you put LED bulbs in regular fixtures?
LEDs can be used in any light fixture, as long as it’s not enclosed or air-tight, and is not an old-style dimmer system. Both these will shorten the lifespan of LED bulbs.
How do I know if my ballast is T8 or T12?
If no markings are available, the size in diameter of the tube is the easiest way to determine the type you have installed. T8 tubes are 1-inch in diameter and T12 tubes are 1 1/2 -inch.
Can you put a T8 LED bulb in a T12 fixture?
T8 tubes are simply 1 inch in diameter versus the 1.5 inch diameter of T12 tubes. In an effort to make LED tube lights compatible with the internal dimensions of most fixtures, you will find that most LED tube lights feature a T8 or 1 inch diameter. They can indeed be used in T12 fixtures.